[LEDE-DEV] adding LEDE support for board DLINK DWR-512-B

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sun Nov 13 14:08:26 PST 2016

On 11/13/2016 09:54 PM, Giuseppe Lippolis wrote:
> I try to follow the notes of Alberto,
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/HowToUseGitSendEmail/
>
> but clearly something has gone wrong!!!
>
> Can someone help me to commit?
> Thanks.

It seems you didn't commit your changes in the local folder, so git
send-email sent the last commit in your sources.

Here is a generic how-to (probably inefficient as there are likely
better ways to rebase, but you aren't doing many changes anyway):

1. git clone <latest lede sources>
(in a new folder)
2. make your changes
(this is rebasing, LEDE sources have changed since your last download,
and you must send your commit over the latest sources or it will likely
fail to merge)
3. git add .
(this will add all changes you did to git tracking)
4. git commit
(it will open the commit text editor, you should write the commit
title/subject as first line, then leave a blank line, then write the
commit message, save and close the editor to commit)

5.git send-email -1 --annotate
(this takes the last commit and will also load again a text editor so
you can edit the mail subject like adding [LEDE-DEV], and check that
what you are sending is indeed your commit, you can abort by pressing
Ctrl+C)

I think that git by default uses vim as text editor (or at least does so
on OpenSUSE), if you don't like vim (like me), you can change that by
writing

git config --global core.editor "text-editor-name"

where by "text-editor-name" you place nano, or gedit, or whatever is the
text editor you want.

p.s. once you sent this patch successfully I'm probably going to add
this quick guide to the wiki.

-Alberto