[LEDE-DEV] [RFC] ADSL Modem Allnet All0333CJ Rev.C / Amazon-SE SoC

Tino Reichardt list-lede at mcmilk.de
Sun Nov 13 11:58:46 PST 2016

* Mathias Kresin <dev at kresin.me> wrote:
> 07.11.2016 19:02, Tino Reichardt:
> > Now I have to check, how to start the init...
> >
> > Is there currently any golden way, how the init should be done on these
> > devices, with very small flash memory?
> >
> > I also modify the .config, to fit the drivers of the allnet ;)
>
> In menuconfig => "Target Images" you can select the ramdisk option.
>
> This will create kernel + initramfs. The resulting binary can be loaded
> with tftpboot and should boot to a prompt without relying on
> flash/filesystem support.
>
> But not sure how far you already got. I guess the best would be to
> publish your git tree somewhere so that one can point you to the missing
> parts.

I have the LEDE Prompt now:
http://internethauptknotenpunkt.de/all0333/bootlog-init-initramfs.txt

The needed LEDE .config options where these:
CONFIG_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION="-Os -pipe -EB -march=4kec"

I will checkout the missing drivers, the NOR flash and the dsl firmware
now. So maybe in 1-2 weeks, the all033cj is a new amazon-se device in
the LEDE DevTree ;)

The Netgear DGN1000B could then also be added. So then....

Off Topic: is the LEDE Wiki ready for device entries now?
There are nice Tables, but the real Davice Articles are linked to
OpenWRT... I would like to add a new Device directly to the LEDE Wiki...
please provide some stub for this. I could the add my current knowledge
about the all0333cj to this wiki entry...

--
Best regards, TR