[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] Package updates in the for-15.05 branch (libuv)

Zoltan HERPAI wigyori at uid0.hu
Thu Nov 10 04:21:32 PST 2016

Karl Palsson wrote:

[snip]
> I'm concerned that given the lack of release from both LEDE and
> OpenWrt, people are starting to treat the for-15.05 branch like a
> free for all "mainline" branch again.

[snip]

All,

15.05 should definitely not be treated as a "mainline" branch, neither
in core nor in the packages tree. A security update-focused CC release
can be expected sometime this year - bumping 3.18 to the latest,
upgrading core packages and external packages, etc. -, but even without
a release, the for-15.05 should contain security and bugfixes only. If
there is a major bug in a package which needs to be fixed, a larger
version jump can be accepted, but not for just the sake of jumping to
the latest and shiniest.

(Thanks Karl for bringing this up.)

Thanks,
-w-