[LEDE-DEV] QCA Dakota support

Christian Mehlis christian at m3hlis.de
Mon Nov 7 13:49:48 PST 2016

Hi Again,

I received multiple private mails in the last days, please always
include this mailing list on reply!

Current situation from my perspective:
Dakota kernel support done by QCA is public here:
https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/qsdk/oss/kernel/linux-msm/commit/?h=release/collard_cc_cs&id=2e6acfb58dceee5baf746a9ed37a8efbad8a7626

This branch contains all code and drivers to build a Linux kernel for
Dakota CPUs.
But this kernel tree is based on 3.14 and has more that 2400 commits on
top. Including kernel updates, other HW support and so on.

-> someone needs to find the relevant parts (device drivers?) and
extract and rebase them to 4.4 (current LEDE ipq Linux kernel version).
---> I have no idea how to do that in a way that we can extract the
newest bits, but not lose relevant parts at the same time, input/advice
from others needed!

With that kernel support we can build LEDE build targets, I started here
https://github.com/lede-project/source/compare/master...mehlis:ipq40xx
but this is more or less a copy on ipq806x with dk01 and dk04 dts files,
no real support.

Feedback and ideas are welcome!

Christian

Reminder: I'm doing this in my spare time :)