[LEDE-DEV] new wifi detecting makes more wifi (IB/meshwizard)

Ufo ufo at rund.freifunk.net
Fri Nov 4 08:37:52 PDT 2016

im using imagebuilder via meshkit (and luci/meshwizard) to configure
LEDE-devices.

with newest lede-trunk the behaviour changed, now there is one more
wifi-ap on each device.
its called "LEDE" and doesnt make to much sense for me:
*in config its called "default_radio0", while our other wifis are called
"radio0_iface" and "radio0_meshap12".
*often we set LAN-interface to mesh-mode instead of 192.168.1.1/dhcp...
so (without bridge!) or we disable that bridge. but that new LEDE wifi
appear and want to use interface "lan" (doenst work at all with that
non-existing bridge)

it seems chunkeeys and nbds commit
https://github.com/lede-project/source/commit/5e35b4562fb73aaa1c75a3404fed2efb6afe03f8
. with 4 weeks old lede-trunk that phenomenon was not existing yet.

how should we deal with this? do other people also having problems with
this, especcially when using imagebuilder (and/or meshwizard/meshkit).

badest workaround for us would be to add some script to our firmware or
to imagebuilder :-/

uci delete wireless.default_radio0
uci delete wireless.default_radio1
uci delete wireless.default_radio2