[LEDE-DEV] How LEDE knows when to "reinstall" base-files (after revision change)?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:14:39 PDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 06:44 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> I think its not actually noticing all git commits but rather most of them.
>
> The base-files package registers some explicit file depends using:
>   PKG_FILE_DEPENDS:=$(PLATFORM_DIR)/ $(GENERIC_PLATFORM_DIR)/base-files/
>
> which means that its stamp files are invalided whenever any file in the
> directories above is modified.

Please take a look at my test below. I added file to the top dir which should
be insignificant but still, base-files noticed it and updated openwrt_version.

$ cat build_dir/target-*/linux-*/base-files/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9/base-files/etc/openwrt_version
r2094+2
$ echo foo > bar.txt
$ git add bar.txt
$ git commit -m FooBar
$ make package/base-files/install
  make[1] package/base-files/install
  make[2] -C package/base-files install
$ cat build_dir/target-*/linux-*/base-files/ipkg-arm_cortex-a9/base-files/etc/openwrt_version
r2094+3