[LEDE-DEV] Smaller /overlay with latest snapshot on WDR-3600

Damien Wyart damien.wyart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:28:43 PDT 2016

Hi,

My previous upgrade to a Lede snapshot was mid-october, and when I upgraded
today with the latest snapshot (generated this morning), I was surprised
not being able to install my usual list of packages after upgrade. / was
full !

It looks like /overlay is around 4.5MB (quite small compared to the
theoretical max), so it must be a regression (I do not have the
mid-october snapshot at hand to compare), as I have always been able
to install this same list of packages without problem.

I had a look at the git history for the last 2 weeks, but nothing stands
out.

Any suggestions? Can it be considered as a regression and maybe fixed?

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Damien Wyart