[LEDE-DEV] Adding support for Comfast CF-WR650AC

Gareth Parker gareth41 at orcon.net.nz
Fri May 27 04:14:17 PDT 2016

I submitted a question plus a patch on the openwrt-dev mailing list for this
and was totally ignored.  After reading all the discussion about openwrt and
lede recently and given my experience I’ve decided to jump ship too and
hopefully here my patches are not ignored.

I have added support for this to CC successfully but had issues with trunk
as the switch kept causing the router to crash and reboot.
https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2016-April/040937.html

Here’s the patch for CC
https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2016-May/041237.html

It would be great if support for this router can be added to Lede.  If I get
a positive response to this email I’ll generate a patch for Lede.  I have a
couple other dual band Comfast AP’s also both I added support to CC and
trunk but never submitted the patches, I can submit patches for these to
Lede also.

Gareth