[LEDE-DEV] Missing 30_luci-theme-bootstrap in package luci-theme-bootstrap

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Thu May 26 23:56:00 PDT 2016

On 27.5.2016 1:14, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Error message during installation of luci-theme-bootstrap:
> [...]
> Configuring luci-theme-bootstrap.
> //usr/lib/opkg/info/luci-theme-bootstrap.postinst: .: line 130: can't
> open './30_luci-theme-bootstrap'
> [...]

That sounds like the same error that I reported as
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/issues/722

The error is likely caused as by the new routine to run uci-defaults also at
the package installation time:

https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=9b9c78e071469313566473984fb79f54c1881c10;hp=f6adbdf3cdb8ce0d5a730575cab797ced956a59e
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/49340

The new routine evaluates the existence of an uci-defaults script from the
package manifest, not from the actual contents of the /etc/uci-defaults
directory.

My guess is that the postinst routines defined in the Luci toplevel makefile
(e.g. in https://github.com/openwrt/luci/blob/master/luci.mk#L180 ) run first
and remove the uci-defaults script, and then this new routine tries to run
the script, but does not find it as it is already deleted by postinst-pkg.

The error is likely harmless, but still annyoing.

This error has now been reported for luci-app-statistics,
luci-theme-bootstrap and luci-app-ddns. So I guess that this concerns all
Luci apps. The same error may also pop up for other apps that have similar
package-specific postinst routines to that run uci-defaults.