[LEDE-DEV] Mikrotik 'ac boards

Andrew Yong me at ndoo.sg
Wed May 25 18:36:10 PDT 2016

(re-sending because GMail decided to send as HTML)

IIRC MikroTik started disabling the PCB pads for serial console on
most of their routers with plastic enclosures, for models after the
RB750G era.

It makes getting OpenWrt working much harder as it's sort of a black
box now without a console to debug with.

Do you have a TTL USB serial cable? Try probing the test points on the
PCB and see if you can get a console and boot log. That would be a
good place to start.

You could consider some newer Gateworks boards too, with dual
miniPCIe; or Soekris/Ubiquiti RS Pro if you can find them.