[LEDE-DEV] WRT1900ACS Testing

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon May 23 01:19:56 PDT 2016

Dheeran Senthilvel <dheeranmech at gmail.com> writes:

>> Its gonna take a while before either Linksys just releases a proper
>> working drivers (or) just releases the code under GPL for upstream
>> kernel-development (Just like what happened for raspberrypi).

This is wrong.  The mwlwifi driver is GPL and has been so for years.
It's not in mainline yet due to a misunderstanding on how new driver
submissions work.  I'm hoping that can be cleared up soon. Just to be
very clear:  Do what the subsystem maintainer tells you to do.

No more, no less.  Just do it.

Bjørn