[LEDE-DEV] OpenWRT tree vs LEDE tree

Daniel Curran-Dickinson daniel at daniel.thecshore.com
Fri May 20 01:13:37 PDT 2016

On 16-05-20 04:08 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> the whole point of my side sentence was to give a hint that maybe my
> impressions and suggestions are not entirely unfounded or discardable.
> it's up to the reader to check my "creds" if they don't take my word.
> this didn't imply anything in particular about how these communities are
> run, or that lede should copy their modus opandi.

The problem is that you were using "big openly governed communities" to
suggest that you had experience in how successful openly governed
projects work.  If that's not actually the case, then there is no point
to saying what you said, other than to try and *sound* like you know
something you don't.

It doesn't matter what code you contributed, what matters, to the
discussion at hand (the transparency or lack thereof of LEDE) is whether
you have relevant experience in transparent projects.

Regards,

Daniel