[LEDE-DEV] OpenWRT tree vs LEDE tree

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu May 19 11:10:30 PDT 2016

On Thu, 19 May 2016, John Crispin wrote:

> On 19/05/2016 15:34, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> writes:

>>> we had various meetings all were public, people have been more active
>>> than before and all decision made so far have been active.
>>>
>>> was this just a drive by shooting or were you planning to achieve
>>> anything useful by this mail ?
>>
>> Maybe just drive-by..
>>
>> But I believe you should realize that for an outsider, the "we are
>> working on a solution" does not sound too good.  It is unclear who "we"
>> are, but it is very clear that it excludes the reader.  This is
>
> we means "the community" it is up to you to decide if you feel like part
> of the community or not. you are most certainly invited to be part just
> liek anyone doing constructive work.

<snip>

> * we agreed publicly via transparent voting in the last meeting that we
> will invite active package maintainers to participate in meetings and voting

Ok, it's not clear to me watching when 'we' would be the community of anyone
commenting on this list vs the smaller 'we' that are the people invited to the
meetings.

There are legitimate times for each definition, I'm not saying that all meetings
should be open to the world.

But in any case, could the inner/maintainer team send a quick blurb to the list
when a meeting has happened with some info on it? At least for meetings where
policy decisions are made.

I can see good reasons not to publish too much detail about meetings between the
two projects (if there are disagreements, it's too easy for the writeup to cause
more grief for example)

David Lang