[LEDE-DEV] How to start?

Gabriel F.C. Mazzocato gabriel.mazzocato at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:59:05 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

I made my toolchain with the latest lede source.git, but I'm having
trouble understanding the system as a whole. I tried to incorporate
two iptables modules (synproxy & rp_filter), as well as update it to
1.6.0 (without NFTables), but it always brakes when building. Altering
the makefile is the way, right?

I'm also in doubt regarding pivot/overlay_root, as it seems the system
looses some performance (perhaps because of the usb interface speed?).
But when I build minimal builds with the 4.4 kernel, the system keeps
losing dns packages with dnsmasq and I can't make bind work.

Another issue is the fact that the system has 3 different types of
dhcp servers. udhcpd (busybox), odhcpd & odhcp6d and dnsmasq. Isn't
that too much of a bloat?

Thanks for the attention and sorry for bothering ya.

--
Att. Gabriel Mazzocato