[LEDE-DEV] Please enable digest mode for lede-dev

Tobias Welz tw at wiznet.eu
Wed May 18 04:20:33 PDT 2016

On 18.05.2016 12:29, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi>:
>
>> Please allow users to select to receive lede-dev messages in digests.
>>
>> The lede-dev mailing list is already rather high volume list and if
>> the possible PR discussion messages from Github is also piped here,
>> the amount of messages might be rather high.
>>
>> Devs have disabled the "digest mode" in the mailing list's settings
>> and thus users can't select to receive messagess in digest format.
>> Please toggle the switch and allow users to receive messages in
>> digest format if they so wish.
>
> Is it possible to prevent people from replying to these digest
> messages? I'm seeing this happen a lot on other mailinglist I follow
> and it makes conversation mode almost useless.
I'm also afraid, this might happen. I've seen this also on other lists
before. I think almost any mail account should have capabilites to
filter emails to a separate folder. If people answer on these digest
emails, the information where these emails belong is totally lost. I
don't want to be offensive,  but if one did not even invested time to
setup a separate folder, sometimes even the digest subject stays.

Especially when you are on a busy list and do not want to follow
everything it's more easy to get this goal. I attached a file how tree
view looks, just to show the advantages you can get from it. When
everything is in a sepearate folder.

This gets impossible when people answer to digests, thats my two cents
why I think it is a god thing to disallow digests, if there is active
discussion on a list.

Regards Tobias