[LEDE-DEV] Maintaining LuCI

Kyle Sanderson kyle.leet at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:12:54 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Long time lurker, have a few out of tree patches mostly backporting
stuff to older kernels...

Question being: Is LuCI going to be maintained in LEDE? Or will some
cheaper web front-end return similar to what these projects used to
have? Reason being I feel OpenWRT has betrayed the community with
their lua frontend by abandoning all of these older devices because of
this architectural decision to go with a fancy web-frontend leaving
most of the strict wireless G devices behind (looking at my WRT54GL,
wl-520gu, etc).

LuCI's great, but if you need an expensive device (I've since moved to
the RT-N16, RT-N53, TL-WDR3600 and now the R7000) that kind of defeats
the entire purpose of the project. Mainline, current, support for
these devices is really my only goal.

Any feedback would be absolutely appreciated.

Kyle.