[LEDE-DEV] raising rsync bwlimit ? was: LEDE mirror from RCS&RDS Romania

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Wed May 11 12:44:38 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 02:17 +0300, Daniel Petre wrote:
> On 05/06/2016 12:41 PM, Daniel Petre wrote:
> > Hello, so per jow's last night's info i have rsynced the downloads part
> > from LEDE to the RCS&RDS ( www.rcs-rds.ro ) mirroring server:
> >
> > http://mirrors.linux.ro/lede/
> >
> > Two more questions please:
> >
> > 1. How often can we rsync?
>
> Seems i cannot resync so often since the original point has insufficient
> bandwidth so far..
> I will try again when LEDE has a better connection, until then i will
> rsync daily.

Hi,

I noticed rsync is about 750 kbyte/s whereas wget (on the same file)
gets > 20 Mbyte/s so I assume there's a bwlimit on the rsync server that
is not there on the web server, and that LEDE has a good connection.

If I'm right I think it would be better to raise the rsync bwlimit.

Sincerely,

Laurent

PS: thanks for having listed the mirrors :)
https://www.lede-project.org/downloads.html
We have now enabled rsync in addition to WWW.