Future of Chaos Calmer

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu May 5 12:30:56 PDT 2016

On Thu, 5 May 2016, Vittorio G (VittGam) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if there are any plans for Chaos Calmer?
>
> Will it become mantained by LEDE?

almost certinly not. But LEDE will create their own release to replace it.

remember that part of maintaining a release is making updates to it available.

OpenWRT updates against *openwrt.org servers, so LEDE is not going to be able to
do anything there.

David Lang

> Trunk introduces important changes, for example the switch from uClibc to
> musl, so until everything's polished and ready for release I'd rather not
> use trunk on "production" devices, like the main home modem/router or all
> the antennas of a wireless community that are mounted on the roofs...

shrug, you need to do testing anyway. I ran 120 APs from Trunk at the Scale
conference in January and they worked well.

David Lang