Web forums for LEDE

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu May 5 10:57:40 PDT 2016

Given that many people strongly prefer web forums, I assume that LEDE is going
to set them up at some point.

I would like to get a request in early that the web forms that get setup be
cross-connected with mailing lists. Not just for 'something new has happened'
the way the OpenWRT forms are, but as true lists where someone can reply via
e-mail and it will appear in the forum.

Baen publishing does this (bar.baen.com) allowing full participation with
e-mail, nttp, and web forums. They use mailman for the e-mail and nntp and then
FUDForum for the web forums (it ties in to the nntp feed that mailman can
provide).

I believe that I saw that a recent version of mailman added a web interface to
mailing lists, but I haven't seen anyone using it yet.

David Lang