getting users involved in on-device testing

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Thu May 5 06:49:34 PDT 2016

> It kinda makes sense, although it would be even nicer if the tests
> were automated as well. That is something that Purple is working on.
> There is a BoardFarm[1] test framework that is designed to test
> routers and there could be created test suites that reflects some of
> the criteria you described and in the best case, whenever image is
> produced, automatic test could be triggered and results uploaded. It
> outputs junit and there is plenty of parsers of junit - we have it
> nicely integrated in Jenkins.
>
> [1] https://github.com/qca/boardfarm

There is also lava [1] - built and active developed by linaro
you can use it to do `git bisect` on hardware [2]

I'll add some boards to a local instance next week. There are also nice
videos about setting your own test setup and a lot of documentation.

best,
lynxis

[1] https://validation.linaro.org/scheduler/
[2] http://lunarius.fe80.eu/blog/coreboot-bisect-lava.html
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604