Offer to help with automated testing, and maybe more.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue May 3 12:09:48 PDT 2016

Hello!

My company makes network testing equipment, and we have some automated scripts
that can do nice wifi capacity related testing without much effort on our part.

I would be willing to add at least a few common LEDE supported platforms to our
test bed and run some regular tests on them, and publish the reports on our
website (or maybe somewhere else if desired).

To ensure this can be done without becoming too much of a distraction to us,
we would need a fast and easy way to install a new daily snapshot (or similar).
I don't mind buying some hardware, but if a vendor wants to donate a few systems
that would be welcome as well.

In addition, my own interest is primarily with ath10k, both QCA9980 and QCA9980
chipset NICs, so APs containing those chipsets would be most preferred.

If this is of interest, please let me know how we might be able to make some
progress on this.

In addition, I am interested in potentially getting my CT firmware and ath10k
patches accepted into LEDE.  These patches have been blocked from going upstream
by the QCA maintainer, but perhaps they will find a more welcome home elsewhere.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>