[LEDE-DEV] portal wifi router

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:41:45 PDT 2016

eero shipped something debian based (using batman-adv to mesh, I believe)
google onhub shipped some sort of hybrid of chromeos (so far as I know)
https://www.plumewifi.com/ is making all sorts of promises, can't tell
what they are using.

A new one just cropped up - portal - where their kickstarter claims
they are using openwrt. Anyone know anything more about it? Not clear
what chipset they are using but since they are based in taiwan I'd
guess it's mediatek, but it could be qualcomm?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalwifi/portal-turbocharged-wifi?ref=email

http://getportal.io/ has more "details" and early backers should be
seeing routers soon.

They are all claiming massive improvements in wifi performance mostly
based on whatever 802.11ac based technology they are using, I keep
hoping at least some of the above were also paying attention to bql,
fq_codel, per station queuing, etc.

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org