[LEDE-DEV] looking for ar7 testers

Paul Oranje por at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 20 01:21:47 PDT 2016

> Van: David Lang <david at lang.hm>
> Onderwerp: Antw.: [LEDE-DEV] looking for ar7 testers
> Datum: 20 juni 2016 02:51:29 CEST
> Aan: Daniel Curran-Dickinson <daniel at daniel.thecshore.com>
> Kopie: John Crispin <john at phrozen.org>, LEDE Development List <lede-dev at lists.infradead.org>

> Well, I'll point out that the thread I'm replying to started off with "I no longer have the hardware to test this"
>
> I agree that random, unsolicited donations are likely to be less useful, but donations of hardware to solve the "I can't test this" or add to a test farm are directly useful.
>
> And getting a new piece of equipment can get a developer interested enough to go after the NDAs needed to make it work well.
>
> In some cases the vendors involved are known to 'not play well with others' and so donations of their hardware will do no good.
>
> But those of us out in the wild can't tell the difference between the different categories.
>
> That's why I asked for a list of what would be useful to donate :-)
>
> David Lang

Nice that you offer help, but NDA’s don’t play well with open source development and are certainly problematic when such development is under a copy left type of licence (GPL/CC SA etc.). Documentation such as datasheets needed for coding should be offered unencumbered by NDA provisions.

Paul Oranje