[LEDE-DEV] lede integration issues remaining from the detrius of cerowrt

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sun Jun 19 17:45:48 PDT 2016

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016, Daniel Curran-Dickinson wrote:

> On Sun, 2016-06-19 at 12:35 -0700, David Lang wrote:

>>> TBH I think the biggest reasons this hasn't already is:
>>>
>>> 1) People who want it don't care enough to work on it, or are the people
>>> who don't know how to work it and and can't/don't fund someone who does.
>>> 2) Infrastructure:  You need a server to host on and storage etc, and
>>> this costs money or donations.
>>
>> or don't know how to contribute funds to make something like this work.
>
> That's what I meant by can't (and I agree that having some means of
> hooking up community funders with community developers would be helpfu;
> kind of like prpl but for community).

I was calling out the difference between "I don't have money to contribute" and
"I have money I could send, but I don't know who to give it to"

The first is something the project can't do anything about, the second will cost
some effort (setting up the ability to receive donations and policies/processes
to use the donations), but properly done (assuming people are willing to send
money/equipment) could be a net win for the project.

David Lang