[LEDE-DEV] DGN3500 nas mac

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jun 15 22:39:48 PDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-16 at 07:25 +0200, John Crispin wrote:
> kevin tested the staged fix and it makes his unit have a valid lan and
> wan mac. please explain why this is incorrect.
>         John

The LAN macaddr is set only for the bridge. If you change the VLAN
config to allow separate out individual LAN ports, they do not have a
valid macaddr. I wouldn't have expected Kevin to test that, but I have a
use case for it. I successfully tested an alternate patch which makes
this work, but I've unstaged it because it does not fix the wifi
macaddr. As for WAN, my eventual PR will contain a patch I have prepared
to the Lantiq ADSL app package which takes care of this even if
everything else is left as is.