[LEDE-DEV] DGN3500 nas mac

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jun 15 14:50:13 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 16:02 +0200, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 492964e741f1e0254b6ed7c0a095551a31d25dc9 slipped by me without me
> realizing that it is broken.
>
> i staged a fix in my tree for this
> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=lede/blogic/staging.git;a=commit;h=08eb51390bd898a2f2b8023515c0f6482887faa7
>
> however the esi stuff needs to be changed to apply the mac from wan to
> the nas interface.
>
> maybe we can add this as an init.d script as part of the esi package ?
>
> 	John

Neither the merged patch nor the staged fix (which I already tried
myself) work properly. I have a fix for this I haven't pushed yet,
because it still does not fix the separate but related issue of a random
wifi macaddr which resists userspace changes. I now remember this was
the reason I kept insisting on the kernel parameters. Once Jonas ACK's
the relevant change to his patch, I'll rewrite the removed 997.patch to
make use of it, and I'll push both fixes to Github for a PR.