[LEDE-DEV] lede integration issues remaining from the detrius of cerowrt

Aaron Z aczlan+ledev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:51:54 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> Even low-end devices now include a USB port, and it's really easy to plugi
> in an external USB drive that's >2TB. 3TB drives are now <$100
>
> Now, if support for larger drives really does add a lot to the system
> footprint, it should be optional. But how much space are we talking about
> here? It should at least be an easy-to-select option.
I would have to agree with this. While I dont do it (I got a good deal
on a dedicated NAS and I dont want an accidental mis-configuration or
bug to make my private data publicly available), I know several people
who have a good sized (500GB or larger) external HDD plugged into
their router to use as a NAS.
Might be worth at least including as a separate package if it is too
big to replace the stock program.

Aaron Z