[LEDE-DEV] Add Hawkboard (OMAP-L138) support

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Wed Jun 8 10:30:54 PDT 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016 13:34:18 +0200
Marcin Gołaś <marcingol30 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear LEDE developers,
>
> Is it possible to port LEDE and run it on Hawkboard (OMAP-L138)?
> Please let me know if anyone is able to help me in this subject.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcin

Hi Marcin,

after a short look into the architecture, the board is supported by
the linux kernel, but hasn't yet migrated to devicetree, but the cpu
is supported by devicetree.
The cpu is an arm926ej, this would result in a new platform,
because our still supported omap platform use a different architecture:

omap24xx -> arm1136j-s
omap -> cortex-9

So yes, it's possible to add it, but you have to create a new platform
and it also needs a maintainer, who take care of the platform for the
long run.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604