[LEDE-DEV] lede forum

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 07:14:38 PDT 2016

Folks,

I was planning to advocate for a forum as well. I have enjoyed using the Discourse forum (http://discourse.org) with several projects. (If you haven't seen it, it's a new forum system, designed by people who have used lots of bad ones, and intend to fix those problems.) I have some experience setting up and administering Discourse. It may use a bit more resources than the stalwarts (phpBB, et al.) but provides a great user experience - easy Markdown posting, good site-wide searching, good administrative facilities, etc.

I am also pleased by their "Rules of Civilized Discourse" - https://blog.discourse.org/2013/03/the-universal-rules-of-civilized-discourse/ - that we could easily embrace.

Best,

Rich