[LEDE-DEV] hnet-full & LEDE: bug report

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:44:55 PDT 2016

Ironically, we took a stab at getting homenet stuff up yesterday in an
IETF breakout session, but got stopped at step 0 due to all the
hardware we had on us not getting built for.

I filed a bug on the buildbot at:

https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=56

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have always wanted to try out homenet. In light of the recommendation expressed in http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-July/001772.html, it looks as if LEDE would be a good platform for further experimentation.
>
> I followed Tore Anderson's excellent instructions at: https://blog.toreanderson.no/2015/10/11/making-a-homenet-router-out-of-openwrt.html The following is based on: LEDE r1006 and the default packages for hnet-full (ipset 6.24-1, and hnet-full 2016-06-28-606d7e9046..e-1).
>
> The problem came when "Step 3 - Converting WAN interface to Homenet" didn't work as described. I clicked Delete for the WAN interface. The entry lost its address info, but did not to disappear as expected. Repeated clicks made no further difference. Here's a screenshot of what I saw. (WAN and WAN6 looked similar before clicking the WAN Delete button.)
>
> http://richb-hanover.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PastedGraphic-1.png
>
> Subsequently clicking Delete for WAN6 caused the WAN6 entry to disappear. The WAN entry remained, keeping only its RX & TX info. Here's the resulting screenshot.
>
> http://richb-hanover.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PastedGraphic-2.png
>
> At this point, I bailed. (I did try to go further, but nothing good happened.)
>
> Other observations:
> - I tried the same process with OpenWrt 15.05.1, ipset 6.24-1, and hnet-full 2015-07-10-ea2bd2bc2d..9-1. These worked as expected.
> - I did not try LEDE r1006 with the older ipset & hnet-full.
>
> My questions:
>
> - What other troubleshooting information would be valuable?
> - Is the list the right venue for this kind of report?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rich

Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org