[LEDE-DEV] getver.sh regression

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 02:44:42 PDT 2016

On 13 July 2016 at 11:13, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

> On 13/07/2016 11:11, Jonas Gorski wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> On 13 July 2016 at 09:39, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Jonas,
>>> Hi Felix,
>>>
>>> your recent changes to getver.sh are causing a regression when not
>>> building inside trunk but inside a staging tree
>>>
>>> blogic at debian:/lede/staging$ ./scripts/getver.sh
>>> warning: refname 'origin/master' is ambiguous.
>>> r411+546
>>> blogic at debian:/lede/staging$ git branch
>>> * master
>>>   origin/master
>>
>> I don't think you should have a branch called "origin/master" - this
>> is what confuses git. Generally having branches that start with remote
>> names sound like they could cause issues later on.
>>

>> Regards
>> Jonas
>>

> i have 2 remotes, the master and my staging tree. this is a typical
> setup i guess ?

Having more than one remote is fine, it's just that if there is a
remote called <foo>, having *local* branches called
<foo>/<upstreambranch> sounds like a recipe for desaster.

Anyway, I pushed a potential fix in my staging tree, does
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=lede/jogo/staging.git;a=commit;h=c73f3c4553cbc8320e3cca0f80a897421b1d62a4
work for you?

Jonas