[LEDE-DEV] Getting started with LEDE?

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:13:53 PDT 2016

Disclaimer: not a LEDE/OpenWrt dev speaking here.

On 13 July 2016 at 09:39, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> [This is a followup to my Getting Started issue on github (https://github.com/lede-project/web/issues/18) I suspect this is a better place to ask questions than on github...]
>
> I'm screwing up my courage to install LEDE on a router at home. As I promised in the github issue, once I get answers to these questions, I'll write up a "Getting Started" document aimed at OpenWrt people who are coming to LEDE and issue a PR. Some questions:
>
> - I see that most of the packages on downloads.lede-project.org are kmod-xxx. How do I install other packages, presumably from downloads.openwrt.org?

Those kmod-xxx packages are dependent on kernel versions and patches
which in turn are target-specific.  General userspace packages are
only cpu-model (compilation flags) related, they can be found at, e.g.
https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/packages/mips_34kc/

> - Specifically, I would want homenet/hnetd, 6in4, and snmpd. How would I get them?

snmpd in part of packages feed and 6in4 part of base packages.  These
urls should already be configured appropriately in
/etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

> Thanks!
>
> Rich

Cheers,