[LEDE-DEV] Target Profile removed from image name?

Donald Chisholm donald.chisholm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:43:33 PDT 2016

Hi Baptiste,

Thanks for responding.  See inline comments.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 4:12 AM, Baptiste Jonglez
<baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 11:11:25AM -0600, Donald Chisholm wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have several hundred nodes running Openwrt CC with batman-adv and
>> thought I would start testing LEDE.  However, after the build I
>> noticed you have removed the target profile (i.e. tl-841v11) from the
>> image file name.  For me this is a huge headache.  I also noticed you
>> have uncoupled the build option for different hardware versions of
>> device models.  This is an inconvenience but not a huge problem.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean?  The images still have the profile name in
> them, for instance look at the images for tl-841v11 here:
>
>   https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/

Sorry.  I was being an idiot.  The reason the appropriate images where not there
is simply because they were not created.  The image resulting from my
configuration
is too big :(  I had no problem with Chaos Calmer but I will need to do
a little work finding options I do not need in LEDE.

Sorry for wasting your time.

>> I build and distribute firmware updates for multiple device models.
>> With Openwrt I build for several different models (and versions) and
>> use a script that distributes the new firmware based on the firmware
>> file name matches against a table of appropriate nodes.   Of course
>> this is not possible if the firmware file names are all the same.  As
>> it is now, I need to build and rename for each device model and
>> version.
>
> Note that it you want to build multiple profiles at the same time, you can
> now do that directly in menuconfig.

This would be helpful.  I tried simply selecting another profile but
it deseleted
the previous profile.  How do I do this in menuconfig (i.e. build for
all tl-wr841 versions
and tl-wdr3600 v1)?

Thanks for your time.