[LEDE-DEV] Routing two interfaces on same subnet

Tobias Welz tw at wiznet.eu
Tue Jul 5 10:04:37 PDT 2016

Hello,
for me it looks a bit strange, why not put both interfaces together on
Layer 2 - so bridge them together - which is the default anyway? It
looks very strange to me, to split that stuff on layer 3 with the same
subnet, which now need a lot of hacking to bring it to work again, which
i personally would like to avoid in a production environment.
For me it looks like a "wrong" approach - what is the special need to
doing it in this way?
What is the problem with using a bridge over these two interfaces which
should just run out of the box?
Regards Tobias