[LEDE-DEV] Help needed: IP175D + RT3662 issues on a "new" device

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 30 06:04:28 PST 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 10:32 AM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
> On 25/12/2016 14:33, Christian Lamparter wrote:
>>
>> I helped Antonio a bit. It turns out that the GE1 needs to be set to MII
>> mode (The default is RGMII). As far as I can tell, he had added this setting
>> already in the DTS. But the rt2880_port_init() didn't do anything with the
>> phy mode. I've made a patch (attached) that will set the bits in SYSCTL1
>> and he's currently testing it.
>>
>> For now, I just added it to rt2880_port_init. However I don't know if the
>> RT2880 uses the same registers and bits (Don't have the RT2880 datasheet).
>> So, what do you think?
>
> I'd merge this path. could you submit it please with proper annotation,
> SoB ....
Do you have a RT2880 Datasheet that describe the SYSCTL1 register in
detail? I'm asking because I don't really know if the bits do anything
for the RT2880 too. (I think the RT2880 also should have a way to control
whenever it's a RGMII/MII/RMII).

Because as far as I can tell, the RT3883/3662 code needs to be extended
to support the GE2 too. (This can be mostly copied from the existing
soc_mt7620 code). The RT3883/3662 just lacks the internal switch otherwise
it looks to be the same.

Regards,
Christian