[LEDE-DEV] Image Wizard for LEDE?

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Wed Dec 28 10:59:07 PST 2016

On 12/28/2016 06:50 PM, Moritz Warning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> would the LEDE Community be interested in a firmware wizard like this one?
>
> https://firmware.darmstadt.freifunk.net/
>
> Sources: https://github.com/freifunk-darmstadt/gluon-firmware-wizard
>
> It would take some time to add matchers for most of the images.
> The current problem is that it is quite hard to find the correct image.
> Current image names can be rather confusing for the ordinary user.
>
> - mwarning

I like it. It's far less clunky than using the dedicated view of the
wiki ToH https://lede-project.org/toh/views/toh_fwdownload

As for the adding matchers in the list file, you can (should) probably
automate that with a script that parses the Makefiles from the source
(and run that periodically to keep the list updated).

Freifunk (or another german site about wifi) also has a webinterface for
the Image Builder. I would really like to have that too.

-Alberto