[LEDE-DEV] Release planning

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 04:42:02 PST 2016

On 21 December 2016 at 20:13, Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:
> - Are there any outstanding changes?
>
>   Is there important changes we should wait for before branching the
>   release? Is there pending stuff in the staging trees which should
>   absolutely go into the first release?

1) Possible brcmfmac fix
I'm working on this for last few days, if that happens to work, it may
improve brcmfmac stability.

2) Better support for tri-band devices in brcmfmac
I didn't start working on this yet, but it should be easy and many
people were complaining on this issue.

3) Per device rootfs for brcm47xx
Everything is prepared, I just need to make sure rootfs don't get
bigger and then I need to specify packages.

> - When do we want to branch?
>
>   Personally I'd like to branch before Christmas so that we can use the
>   free time for building images (it takes about 8 days and ~2TB of space
>   to build all targets and all packages).

This gives us a very short period for working on extra features, I'd
appreciate something like 2 weeks at least.