[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] Talks between OpenWrt and LEDE

Giuseppe Lippolis giu.lippolis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:24:18 PST 2016

Dear All,
I started to contribute to LEDE recently and after the spin-off.
When I decided where to port my contribution I considered the "focus on
stability and functionality" more interesting than the "bleeding edge
functionality", therefore I selected LEDE.
Now I understand that a merge is ongoing.
Can I ask to the people taking care about the merge how the trade-off
between stability and bleeding edge is solved?

In my opinion a coordination/collaboration between the two project is for
sure a benefit for both, but having a single product will generate an
ambiguous and ineffective trade-off.
Why don't keep two product line with different focus on stability and
bleeding edge and merge what really make sense for both?

At the end the market share will answer if a single product make sense or
not.

By the way where can I find the minute of the meetings?

Bye.