[LEDE-DEV] RFC: splitting up the patches folder

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Tue Dec 20 12:53:46 PST 2016

Hi,

i have been thinking of how to split up the kernel patches folder in a
better way. for a start we have all the backports inside the same folder
as our normal patches, unfortunately we have some backports and patches
that have in the meantime been sent upstream not numbered as 0xx-*.patch.

i was thinking that we could add a backports-4.4 which would hold all
the backported patches.

we could then split up the remaining patches into those that still need
to be sent upstream and those that we wont be able to send upstream. the
order in which we apply them would then be

* backports
* pending patches
* lede patches

this would make going to a newer version easier as they are already
ordered correctly and makes it more obvious how big the queue is.

	John