[LEDE-DEV] resolv.conf not localhost anymore?

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 02:38:53 PST 2016

On 16 December 2016 at 15:21, Weedy <weedy2887 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I just ran into this updating master from 2ish weeks ago.
>
> root at OpenWrt:~# cat /tmp/resolv.conf
> # Interface wan
> nameserver 206.248.154.170
> nameserver 206.248.154.22
> root at OpenWrt:~# cat /tmp/resolv.conf.ppp
> nameserver 206.248.154.170
> nameserver 206.248.154.22
>
> root at OpenWrt:~# /usr/sbin/ntpd -n -d -q -p ntp-server.lan -p
> ntp1.torix.ca -p tick.usask.ca
> ntpd: bad address 'ntp-server.lan'
> ntpd: bad address 'ntp-server.lan'
> < repeated forever >
>
> A: wasn't the system resolv.conf just 127.0.0.1?
> B: this host is in /etc/hosts, so why isn't that being picked up?
> C: is there a config option somewhere I can't set to specify what I
> want in the systems resolv.conf?
>
> note: I script my builds, but the script boils down to running
> ./scripts/env to switch to the board I'm building and then
> echo 'CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx=y
> CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic=y
> CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_DEVICE_wndr3700=y
> CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad=y
> CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-mini=n
> ' > .confg && make defconfig
> Or whatever the CONFIG_TARGET do jour is. I did a fresh distclean
> before sending this email, still broken.

https://github.com/lede-project/source/commit/a35f9bbc43c3da06eed042f80dc09e8c1da681b4#diff-f65b4391dc02a776f873f8e933742458R734
Ok so apparently my shit would have been broken for years?
# uci show dhcp
dhcp. at dnsmasq[0].resolvfile='/etc/resolv.conf.opendns'
I guess I just need to add a list to network.wan.dns