[LEDE-DEV] making new package lists for LEDE wiki's bot

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sat Dec 17 07:14:15 PST 2016

Lately the "Source: " entry was removed from package lists.
This is breaking the script I use to generate the package lists for the
LEDE wiki's table of packages [1] and package indexes [2].

My script relies on that line to find the makefiles and download them
from github, so it can read the package's Category and Submenu to
categorize them in the same way they are shown in make menuconfig.

Many packages are generated using variable names in makefiles, trying to
find their makefile now is very complex.

The "Source:" line was bloat for opkg, so I'm asking if it would be
acceptable to have the build system generate a special package list
exposing the info I need for the LEDE wiki.

I'm thinking about having Category and Submenu written already in there
so I can also skip the "download and read makefiles" part in the script.

Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the build system give me
some directions?

Would it be an acceptable addition for LEDE as that's not directly
needed by LEDE itself but by a bot running in the wiki server?

-Alberto

1. https://lede-project.org/packages/start
2. https://lede-project.org/packages/index/start