[LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Tue Dec 13 12:50:32 PST 2016

Hi list,

a recent mailing list post from a DMARC enabled domain caused a large
flood of bounces from various mail providers, causing an automatic
disabling of about 190 subscriptions [1].

I re-enabled those subscriptions manually so there is no need for
further action on your side.

In order to mitigate this problem in the future, I configured this list
to wrap mails from DMARC enabled domains into an outer mail using the
mailing list itself as sender [2].

Please excuse the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Regards,
Jo

1:
http://thehackernews.com/2014/04/yahoos-new-dmarc-policy-destroys-every.html