[LEDE-DEV] [LEDE-DEV, 3/3, v3] uqmi: Prevent 'POLICY MISMATCH' error.

Nikolay Ledovskikh nledovskikh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:28:49 PST 2016

OK. It seems I missed something when doing cleanup.
Your patch is working, but only after startup.

When you disconnect modem from usb we have old cids saved.
Then we connect modems back, modems won't bring up automatically
(and I suppose they souldn't). And when we try to bring interface up we are
falling into situation with locked up uqmi:
4912 root      1000 S    uqmi -s -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --set-client-id wds
2 --stop-network 0xffffffff --autoconnect
4980 root      1000 S    uqmi -s -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-pin-status
5020 root      1000 S    uqmi -s -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --set-client-id wds
2 --stop-network 0xffffffff --autoconnect
5090 root       992 S    uqmi -s -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --get-pin-status
If we now kill all this uqmi processes, we then bring interfaces up :(
Maybe it's all because of saved cids?

Other case, when only modem's usb data lines are disconnected, without
loosing power. This case we don't have locked up uqmi and manual 'ifup $iface'
works. Saved cids released successfully.