[LEDE-DEV] VRV9510KWAC23

Juan Rios anonbeat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:44:00 PDT 2016

Hello,
   I managed to get this router and want to get lede on it. The hardware is this

Lantiq VRX288 500Mhz
2 NANYA NT5TU128M8HE-AC  256MB RAM
ZENTEL A501GA31ATS 8G 128MB NAND FLASH.
Wireless 2.4Ghz BCM43222KFBG
Wireless 5Ghz BCM4360KMLG
VDSL/ADSL2+ XWAY VRX208
5 port GB Ethernet

I already found serial port pins and got the console log. The log is
almost silent. I managed to get to the brnboot shell short cutting
pins in the flash but cant do a flash dump.

ERASE Flash
---------------------------------------
    Area            Address      Length
---------------------------------------
[0] Boot            0x00000000    1024K
[1] Image 0         0x00100000   10240K
[2] Image 1         0x00B00000   10240K
[3] Configuration   0x01500000    2048K
[4] Boot Params     0x01700000    2048K
[5] Nvram           0x01900000    1024K
[6] Cert            0x01A00000   32768K
[7] EmergencyValue  0x03A00000    6144K
[8] Configuration2  0x04000000    2048K
[9] All area        0x00000000   67584K

If I try to read from above address the router gets locked.

I can read from certain area like memory or 0xBC000000 or 0xBE000000
but others locks the router.

The boot ask for a password and continues booting.

The emergency boot kernel is openwrt 10.3

I found out that short cutting R201 I get CFG 07 instead of CFG 06 so
maybe UART Mode is R201 + R203 but not sure. Not quite sure to try
it...

I can load to memory using xmodem transfer and run but all I tried get
locked without any output.

What I want is first dump the current content of the flash. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
JRios