[LEDE-DEV] TP-Link Archer C7 boot loop

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:08:33 PDT 2016

I'm using a prolific pl2303 too. I did bye it at reichelt.de.

> I tried screen, picocom and minicom. I tried Apple's terminal emulator and iTerm2. Got me
> a Mac and then Linux. Desperate as I am also connected another C7.
> I tried like a whole bunch of different settings but no matter what, I get gibberish
> characters.
>
> ./picocom /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 115200 -y n -d 8 -p 1
>
> These are the settings I think they should be set to, but it just won't work.

I'm using TeraTerm for Windows.

> Actually only RX and TX are connected, because when I connect GND the serial connection
> freezes and let USB subsystem crash. Connecting VCC doesn't seem like a good idea, too.
> Any hints?

GND must be connect. Vcc is 5V on most of the pl2303 cables/adapters. It must not be
connect. The OpenWrt wiki has two pictures for the connector. The correct pinout is:

1 - TxD (white RxD)
2 - RxD (green TxD)
3 - GND (black)
4 - Vcc (open)