[LEDE-DEV] Snapshots for ARC770 & ARCHS38

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Thu Aug 18 06:13:31 PDT 2016

We really need to find a way to combine that, that subtarget churn is
taking precious resources.

Any subtarget change requires manual intervention on the builders,
manual intervention on the rsync mirrors and between 30 to 50GB of
additional disk space, not taking into account the additional CPU time
needed to build 99% identical code.

Can't we just make initramfs optional and require people to build it
themselves if they need that? I mean who uses initramfs builds in
production anyway? This sounds more like a debug sort of thing to me.

Cheers,
Jo