[LEDE-DEV] Legal question/request

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 04:51:42 PDT 2016

Hey,

1) Preamble
So, long story short.
The legal department at work requires some legality regarding the way
I (and some other colleagues) continue to upstream patches (and Pull
Requests) to LEDE.

For OpenWrt, I referenced:
https://dev.openwrt.org/wiki/SubmittingPatches
Specifically:
https://dev.openwrt.org/wiki/SubmittingPatches#a10.Signyourwork

It seems that the Signed-off-by tag is sufficient ; they still have to
confer a bit (in the legal dept)
I also told them, that I prefer to use personal email vs work email.

2) A request:
Could a page similar to the OpenWrt's be created for LEDE ?
I found this: https://www.lede-project.org/development.html
Which has a Submitting Patches section, but (to me at least), the
definition is incomplete or vague.

3) A question: how is this handled at other (let's say... american)
companies with Legal dept. ?
Or maybe some advice here would help.

If I missed anything regarding this, sorry for the noise.

Thanks
Alex