[LEDE-DEV] git server downtime

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Thu Aug 18 04:36:08 PDT 2016

git.lede-project.org is currently serving a stale Luci version:
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=project/luci.git;a=shortlog
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/commits/master

Git server was apparently down again today (visible in phase1 buildbot) and
in connection to that it has apparently missed the new Luci commits from jow.

I am not sure if I like the change made on August 1st to feeds.conf.default
to use mirror repos at the LEDE git instead of the Github originals:
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=1e0f650d7d550992296fa61ef94d4abbd5da9555;hp=2694d43b052a1bf1721ae477dcdbe787f5995d35

The declared reason for the change was more reliability, but the change added
one more possible failure point (updating the mirror contents) to the update
cycle, and now there seems to be failure at just that point...