[LEDE-DEV] CONFIG_KERNEL_CRASHLOG freezes on MT7621

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Wed Aug 10 04:13:40 PDT 2016

Hi!

I was wondering why recent builds no longer boot on the ZBT-WG3526 and
ZBT-WG2626. Both boards got 512 MB of RAM and thus got highmem enabled
to support the full amount of RAM.
The snapshot builds freeze at
[    0.000000] Initmem setup node 0 [mem 0x0000000000000000-0x0000000023ffffff]
Felix gave me a hint that the recently added support for crashlogs
might be the cause and that seems to be true. When disabling
CONFIG_KERNEL_CRASHLOG the resulting build boots fine on both boards.
It's hard for me to tell what might be the cause, both boards afaik
don't have JTAG or any other means for low-level debugging.
If any of you got an idea, I'll happily test your suggestions on the
hardware.

Cheers

Daniel