[GIT PULL] KVM/riscv for 5.16

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Oct 6 23:59:28 PDT 2021

On 06/10/21 18:42, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2021 01:25:41 PDT (-0700), pbonzini at redhat.com wrote:
>> On 05/10/21 09:55, Anup Patel wrote:
>>>    git://github.com/kvm-riscv/linux.git tags/kvm-riscv-5.16-1
>>
>> Pulled, thanks!
>
> Thanks!
>
> IIUC how this generally works is that you pull these KVM-specific patch
> sets and I don't, which means they'll get tested on my end as they loop
> back through linux-next.  I'm fine with however this usually works, just
> trying to make sure we're on the same page as this is my first time
> being this close to another tree.

Generally speaking, Anup as the maintainer is responsible for things not
breaking.  I do a cross-compile to check against changes to KVM common
code in virt/kvm, but otherwise just take his tree and send it out to
Linus.  Once selftests are in, I will also be able to run them under
QEMU, again to check that changes to virt/kvm/ do not break RISC-V.

Paolo